Volunteers play a very important role at the CCC. Our volunteers are the “hands and feet” of the working body of the agency who get the day-today tasks completed. We currently have about 70 volunteers on our roster that made up the CCC team.
Email your volunteer application to Debbie Schimmeck at firstname.lastname@example.org
This enabled us to serve:
- 2364 Families
- 596 Single Parents
- 333 Seniors
- 643 Homeless
Without our very beloved and valued volunteers, we could not do the many various tasks needed for each department and serve those most in need of our community.
We are looking for:
- High school or College students (looking for an internship experience or service hours)
- Homemakers with school aged children
- Citizens between employment
- Church groups
- Youth ministry groups seeking a community project
- …Anyone who has extra time to donate!
It is a blessing to have the opportunity to do God’s work.
“I have showed you all things, how so laboring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive. Acts 20:35
We offer a variety of projects, experiences, and departments in which to choose. We would love to introduce you to our team, give you a tour, and invite you to serve along side with us in doing the work that our Father is calling us to do.
Our Volunteer schedule is Monday-Friday 9:00 am-2:00 pm; Receptionist 9:00 am-4:00 pm.
These are a few of volunteer roles we offer:
- Front desk/Receptionist – The receptionist greets clients presenting for assistance. They assist clients with the application process in preparation for seeing the volunteer Christian counselors. Tasks include answering the telephone, booking appointments, and directing agency calls.
- Christian Counselor –The Christian Counselors offer hope and guidance through a listening ear, and a non-judgmental heart. They interview clients following an application process and service determination. The counselors assist with presenting basic emergency needs, may provide referrals, and linkage to other community agencies and ministries for ongoing assistance.
- Food Pantry – Pantry volunteers dispense pre-determined food quantities to individuals and families. They assist with unloading donated food and restocking the pantry food shelves.
- Community Garden – We are looking for a nursery, groups and/or individuals that are interested in creating local sustainable agriculture and integrated educational projects that empower youth and adults to participate in locally produced food systems, while encouraging healthy living, nurturing the environment, and growing a strong and independent community.
- Janet’s Korner Thrift store – The retail store is open to the public for shopping as well as a resource to assist clients with needed items.
- Thrift Store volunteer – Maintain and/or re-arrange merchandise in the store as directed by the Store Manager. Assist clients or customers with specific merchandise. Maintain clothing and other items in the store in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Clothing Sorters – Sort, tag, and inventory all donated items.
Floater: Floater positions can consist of any hours on any weekday in the above departments.
Please contact us at 985-646-0357 for information on other volunteering opportunities like grant writing, truck driving for food pickups, social media, PR, and special projects.